GPS problem? Need confirmation!
UPDATE: This issue is now fixed on MX with the release of Flyme 1.1.1. M9 won't be fixed however. :(
I've always had issues with GPS tracking apps such as Endomondo or Noom CardioTrainer. Basically everything works fine until the screen turns off (or you turn it off manually) and after that it can't track my route anymore. I've reported this issue several times to Meizu but they couldn't seem to reproduce the issue, so I need you to test it to give them more feedback. They said it should also work while the screen is off...
So next time you take a walk or go for a bike ride (or just drive around) please try and test the following:
- Download either Endomondo or CardioTrainer
- Turn on GPS and wait until it locks on a satellite
- Start a workout and make sure screen stays on
- Check it 5-10 minutes later - everything should be fine up to this point, your route will be drawn on the map
- Now turn off the screen and continue your route
- Check again in 5-10 minutes by turning on the screen
For me the time between screen off and screen on does not get recorded and the only way to track a workout is to leave the screen on which is obviously very battery consuming. How about you?
Thanks for taking the time to do this! :)
Please include the following info in your feedback:
Software version: 2.0.6-12175
Model: MX HK