Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Reviews on M9 should be available next month

This is a discussion on Reviews on M9 should be available next month within the Meizu M9 News forums, part of the Meizu M9 category; M9 is progressing well according to J. Wong. He said test units will be sent to major chinese tech sites ...

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,853
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 438 Posts

    Reviews on M9 should be available next month


    M9 is progressing well according to J. Wong. He said test units will be sent to major chinese tech sites for reviews in the middle of December just like they did with the M8 before its release, so we should have lots of information pretty soon. He specifically mentioned Engadget to be one of those lucky sites.
    In one of his comment he also mentioned they are redesigning their website and forums and it should be launched when the M9 is released.
    Hold on tight guys, we don't have to wait much longer!

    Source 1 | Source 2 (chinese)

  2. #2
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds great!

    Hope Engadget dont say its a copy of anotother phone :P

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Antarktis
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
    Do u know which soundcard M9 uses?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lund, Sweden
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    HOHO!! The release is drawing near us all, hope for the best reviews on M9, better than iPhone 4!!

    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Do u know which soundcard M9 uses?
    that's mentioned/discussed on this page: Meizu M9 come with a very high quality sound better than M8

  5. #5
    Valued Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    I can bet that engadget will blame M9 for being a copy in that site everything is either Apple product, or it's copy :D even Hyundai 45' touchscreen was blamed for having same form as iPhone Engadget is something like Apple lawyers at press :D
    Last edited by vytautas_g; 11-20-2010 at 05:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Valued Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,311
    Thanks
    249
    Thanked 200 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Normano View Post
    Sounds great!

    Hope Engadget dont say its a copy of anotother phone :P
    Of course they will say it is a Samsung Galaxy S knockoff of the well known iPhone knockoff designer Meizu...


    but we know the truth!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    298
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope it's Engadget and not Engadget China.

    And... come on. They also post anti-Apple remarks. They are just a bit cynical and anti-everything. I think that they will be fair to the M9.

    Do you mean Hyundai IT shows off 70-inch multitouch table concept -- Engadget ? I wouldn't say they compare it to the iPhone, not really. Just the tiny phone remark, but they could be meaning any phone. It's only in the comments where people say iPhone clone... though I'm not sure if they are serious (and Engadget won't be with the phone thing).

  8. #8
    Valued Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shanghai, China (born in Holland)
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    we know alot now, just want to know how the m9 processor holds up against the iPhone and m8 processor.

    on a side note, whats the maximum sized sd card, and so theoretically the maximum amount of space in an m8?

    EDIT: research tells me its 64GB. but a new technology called SDXC means that the m9 could have 2TB of space. TERABYTES.
    Last edited by Rabsi1; 11-21-2010 at 12:20 AM.


    Coldplay secret Meizu fan?

  9. #9
    Passing By
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Malang
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kadajawi View Post
    I hope it's Engadget and not Engadget China.

    And... come on. They also post anti-Apple remarks. They are just a bit cynical and anti-everything. I think that they will be fair to the M9.
    yes youre right .. Engadget.com
    I thinks it's also make M9 more popular than M8 if engadget Make review about this "Cheapest Iphone 4" ..

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    If the M9 is good, then Engadget (US) will say it's good. There will be some snarky comments about Meizu's "many brushes with KIRFdom in the past" and they will point out similarities to other devices and then will end with some kind of unctuous "good job Meizu, now let's get to work on something completely original". But the review will be good if the phone is good.

    Engadget lives and dies at the hands of marketing & PR departments. Engadget is just a mouthpiece for companies to market their goods with some editorial content mixed in. If they savaged every device or product announcement, they'd go they way of Gizmodo and be marginalized in covering new gear. I'm sure those marketing departments also pay attention to Engadget's reader comments as one source of product feedback, so it's a symbiotic relationship. The more announcements, exclusive hands-on and press events, the more traffic Engadget gets and the more buzz for a company. If the M9 (or M9II) does go international and there's something in it for Engadget, they'll play their part.

  11. 2 members have thanked chengdude:


  12. #11
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,853
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 438 Posts
    Here's an article from the chinese Engadget site:

    JW????M9?????????

    It would be worth telling JW about how cool would be if they sent one to english Engadget too Especially if they are really planning on releasing it outside China. This would also mean the english UI would be thoroughly translated

  13. #12
    Valued Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    yeah, right... I remember they're post about M8... Guy who wrote it, in my opinion, even had not held M8 in his hands

  14. #13
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Whoa...a spec sheet?!? Is that Engadget's work cobbled together from all the talk/rumors or something more official?

  15. Member who thanked chengdude for the post:


  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    298
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @vytautas_g: Of course they did. The M8 was a copy of the iPhone... a very well done one with some unique touches, but it was. And how could he touch one?

    I do think they are fair to the device when they review it, they IMHO usually are, and until then of course there are remarks that it looks a lot like the iPhone or Galaxy S or whatever. It just does, and they do that with any phone.

    I also think that they might bash the modifications Meizu has done to Android... they usually don't like it. Though who knows, perhaps they will like it.

  17. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ep 20 included
    great, best headset ever :D

  18. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derai View Post
    Ep 20 included
    great, best headset ever :D
    Just a question:

    I have got the Razer Moray + headset and there is a microphone included into the normal 3,5mm jack.

    Is it possible to use it as a microphone and as a speaker?

    Because on the EP 20 there is also a microphone included, isn't it?

  19. #17
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,853
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 438 Posts
    How would we know? Probably yes, but you won't get a straight answer from anyone just yet.

  20. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nice2know_u View Post
    How would we know? Probably yes, but you won't get a straight answer from anyone just yet.
    I also wanted to know if it is working with the M8... Sorry my bad English...

  21. #19
    Valued Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 9 Posts
    For anyone importing from outside China the 2500 / 2700RMB is essentially irrelevant as the price bumps will be crazy, doubt the prices will be anyway near this considering how much similar hardware goes for in Europe/US etc.

    I also really hope Engadget stop chatting cra*p and at least attempt to put together a balanced unbiased Meizu review, for once.

    Their whole reporting of Meizu and the products is so unbelievably one sided, misinformed and inaccurate I'm surprised they get away with it to be honest.

    The thing I find most annoying is that fact that Meizu are a multi million dollar respected completely legal Chinese electronics manufacturer with many retail outlets and a strong following around China and abroad, yet Engadget keep bashing them with the 'cloners' monicker simply because the M8 bares a strong resemblance to the iPhone and they have been a bit more open in the past about the fact that when the company started out their products were heavily apple inspired. Apart from the M6 hardware which IMO was an original piece of design on their part.

    Engadget continuously fail to take into account the fact that Meizu's business practices, whole infrastructure and manufacturing process bares very little resemblance at all to some back street Shenzen grey market low quality knock off factory. So much so in fact that Apple saw them as enough of a genuine market threat that they actually went after them through the courts.

    All these missinformed bloggers that write these posts and the part time commentators that chat smack in the comments are all disillusional.

    No one can tell me that devices from LG, Samsung, creative or any of the other manfactures that have copied apple designs look any less like an iPhone than the M8 does.

    The galaxy S is a complete joke, plagiarism at it's most rampant, but obviously apple would never go after them because of their ongoing business relationship. Then Steve Jobs comes out with all this crap about protecting his intellectual property, yet funnily enough he only chooses to acknowledge intellectual property violations when it suits him and is beneficial to his business model. That's a whole other story though...

    I just hope Meizu get the props they deserve though if the M9 turns out to be a strong product because they are a company which has great potential and have come very far in a very short space of time. They are also innovating now and coming up with their own style and patents.

    Ps. I think Chengdude is spot on though with how it will be received.
    Last edited by sere83; 11-21-2010 at 07:27 PM.

  22. 6 members have thanked sere83:


  23. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lund, Sweden
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sere83 View Post
    For anyone importing from outside China the 2500 / 2700RMB is essentially irrelevant as the price bumps will be crazy, doubt the prices will be anyway near this considering how much similar hardware goes for in Europe/US etc.

    I also really hope Engadget stop chatting cra*p and at least attempt to put together a balanced unbiased Meizu review, for once.

    Their whole reporting of Meizu and the products is so unbelievably one sided, misinformed and inaccurate I'm surprised they get away with it to be honest.

    The thing I find most annoying is that fact that Meizu are a multi million dollar respected completely legal Chinese electronics manufacturer with many retail outlets and a strong following around China and abroad, yet Engadget keep bashing them with the 'cloners' monicker simply because the M8 bares a strong resemblance to the iPhone and they have been a bit more open in the past about the fact that when the company started out their products were heavily apple inspired. Apart from the M6 hardware which IMO was an original piece of design on their part.

    Engadget continuously fail to take into account the fact that Meizu's business practices, whole infrastructure and manufacturing process bares very little resemblance at all to some back street Shenzen grey market low quality knock off factory. So much so in fact that Apple saw them as enough of a genuine market threat that they actually went after them through the courts.

    All these missinformed bloggers that write these posts and the part time commentators that chat smack in the comments are all disillusional.

    No one can tell me that devices from LG, Samsung, creative or any of the other manfactures that have copied apple designs look any less like an iPhone than the M8 does.

    The galaxy S is a complete joke, plagiarism at it's most rampant, but obviously apple would never go after them because of their ongoing business relationship. Then Steve Jobs comes out with all this crap about protecting his intellectual property, yet funnily enough he only chooses to acknowledge intellectual property violations when it suits him and is beneficial to his business model. That's a whole other story though...

    I just hope Meizu get the props they deserve though if the M9 turns out to be a strong product because they are a company which has great potential and have come very far in a very short space of time. They are also innovating now and coming up with their own style and patents.

    Ps. I think Chengdude is spot on though with how it will be received.
    The thing is that EU, US and the whole "Western-world" is against the rise of China and the other countries that is not considered to be "Western". They're envy that they could make better progress and soon take over the whole market (or partly).
    So for the time being it's very hard for an Chinese-only company to be accepted in the West, especially electronics (even if there are some exceptions like Huawei, but mainly because US have hands in it). But I know that one day it will change and China (as the largest country in the world) will also be leading country for all sorts of companies and categories, and not just manufacturing and production
    My COWON S9 (32GB), paired up with my "Koss PortaPro" and BBE+ Sound Enhancement, Makes Out Perfect Sound!!~

    <Trancemaster Onyx - Lead Your Way Into TranceMusic>
    ( http://www.myspace.com/trancemasteronyx )
    ( http://www.last.fm/user/darkonyxswe )
    ( http://www.facebook/trancemasteronyx )

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 07:31 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
  4. Fan Made M8 Reviews
    By Rabsi1 in forum General Meizu M8
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:53 PM
  5. Reviews...
    By er_yeah in forum General Meizu M8
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 03:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •